Only 8 school day until Thanksgiving and only 5 school days until the first scrimmage! To help you better plan, I have outlined what the next two weeks will look like leading up to Thanksgiving.
Great consideration was given to club/ayso and other outside responsibilities/obligations/commitments/appointments from August 22nd-Nov 9th...including the a day off on Friday, Nov 10th. We are now in season and players are expected to be at practice the entire two hours. Please schedule non-emergency appointments after 4:30 or earlier in the day. Our entire game schedule (http://samohisoccer.com/index-girls.html) has been up and available since the second week in September. We apologize for any inconvenience but players are expected to attend all of their team's games. On the topic of games, FS will be hosting Notre Dame Academy (LA) on Wednesday, December 13th at Samohi's Turf field at 3:15pm. This is a change in our schedule. Marlborough cancelled their contest with us on the same day citing not enough players to field a team. Thank you NDA for stepping in! Varsity is still traveling to Windward. JV does not have a game that day. Coach Yumori will inform JV of their plans for Dec 13th.
Players who have not yet been cleared were notified this morning by Coach Chapman. They will not be able to participate in any practice, scrimmage,or game until they have submitted all necessary paperwork. They will lose participation points and will need to make up any days they sit out. They are still required to dress out. Thanks to all who have been cleared.
Players who are participating in club/ayso, per the Association Rule, may not play in any officially CIF sanctioned games for two separate teams. Essentially, you can't play in an official high school game until your ayso/club season is over (usually Thanksgiving weekend). Participation in practices and scrimmages is ok.
In addition, we are aware that several players have evening practices with AYSO and CLUB. Special consideration (lighter practices) will still be given to those who are playing AYSO/CLUB (provided they have passed fitness). They will still be required to be at practice the full 2 hours. Speak or email your coach individually to remind them if you need this special consideration.
Please read carefully and email me back if you have any questions or need clarification:
Week of Nov 13th:
- MON: 2 hour practices at Samo (2:30-4:30). Locker assignments will be posted outside of locker room. If you have not done so, please purchase a combination lock. Backpacks and phones will not be permitted at practice to minimize the possibility of theft. Each player will be assigned her specific locker...no doubling up/sharing necessary. If you are currently using a locker not assigned to you, please move your lock to the correct locker in the correct locker room.
- TUES: 2 hour practice at Samo (2:30-4:30). Notify a coach if there is a lock on your assigned locker and we will cut the lock. RSVP for Kickoff Dinner and payment due by Tuesday afternoon. All players are expected to attend. Email with flyer was sent yesterday. In addition, Last day to place orders for holiday wreaths and trees. https://samohisoccer.org/
- WED: 2 hour practice at Samo (2:30ish-4:30)
- THURS: 1 hour practice (2:30-3:30) Players will be receiving uniforms at practice starting at 3:30 and will be dismissed after to head home and prepare for Kickoff Dinner. There will be an opportunity for player volunteer/community hours to help set up for dinner. Please let Coach Chapman know if you'd like to volunteer. All players expected to attend dinner. Parents- Please sign up to help out: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4ba8a72da2fa7-kick Thanks to those who already have signed up.
- FRI: Team photos and practice at Samo, 2:30pm. Players will wear all navy uniform including socks, and cleats. Digital order form was emailed yesterday. Players received hard copy last week.
Players who forget their uniform will not be included in the photo...and will have to reschedule their individual photos. Practice will follow photo session. Players must bring practice clothes to change into after photos. Players will not be allowed to practice in game uniform.
Week of Nov 20th:
- MON: Scrimmage vs Marymount. Varsity travel to Marymount HS, VARSITY bus departs at 1pm from 7th and Michigan gate. Players will miss 5th period. Players must contact your 5th period teacher ahead of time to notify them of absence. Parents will receive a robo call. Absence will be cleared the next day by athletics office. Game is at 3:15pm. Please look at our samohisoccer.com website under Directions and Maps for Marymount's school address.
JV will host Marymount at Samohi's turf field. Kickoff is at 3:15pm. FS will not practice and will support JV team for entire game. JV and FS will not miss 5th period class.
- TUES: Practice 2:30-4:30 at Samo.
- WED: No practice. Early dismissal at 12:31pm. Players will meet in Coach Yumori's classroom (L110) for 6th period.
- TH and FRI: Thanksgiving Holiday. No school and no practice..