More information coming soon.
Things needed for tryouts:
1. Athletic Clearance - Find Athletic Clearance Procedure below. (This must be completed in order to be eligible to tryout. NO EXCEPTIONS!)
2. Printed Confirmation Message (signed by both Parent and Student)
3. Printed Clearance Email
4. Water, Shin Guards, Ball and Cleats
Athletic Clearance Procedure for Tryouts
1. Visit www.AthleticClearance.com
2. Watch quick tutorial video (optional but helpful).
3. Click on the “Register” button. Parents fill in your first and last name, email address and choose a password. You only need one account per family. Siblings should use the same account. Your information will be saved from year to year. You will be asked to type in a code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate.
4. Log in to your account.
5. Click on the “New Clearance” button to start the process.
6. Select the School Year: 2016-2017, School: Santa Monica (CIF-SS), Sport: Select your sport from the drop down menu Click Submit.
7. Fill out Student Information (Step #1) Under “Education History” if you choose “other” then you will be required to fill out additional paperwork in the Athletics Office if you have transferred from another
school. At the bottom of this page, you will need to upload your completed Physical/Health History Form and
8. Fill out the Medical History (Step# 2) Add additional details in the box provided for “yes” answers. Click Save.
9. Fill out the Parent/Guardian Info (Step# 3) You may check “N/A” if the father or
mother does not apply. Also add an additional emergency contact. Click Submit.
10. Signature Forms (Step #4) This step is broken up into two sections (parent) and (student). The parent/guardian is to read the forms on the right side of the screen and electronically sign them by typing their name on the left side of the screen. The student should do the same for the forms listed under the “student” section. Click Submit.
11. Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process. Print this Confirmation Message and sign it. You will need to turn this confirmation in to the coach.
12. All of the data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent. Print this email out.
13. SUBMIT the CONFIRMATION MESSAGE and CLEARANCE EMAIL to the coach the first day of practice/tryouts.
Physicals/Health History & Insurance
The physical/health history and insurance card can be uploaded online or a hard copy can be turned in to the Athletics Office. You must have a physical on file to be cleared. Physicals are valid for one year from appointment date.
Uploading your Physical or Insurance Card after you have created an account:
1. Log in to your account.
2. In the “Student Info” Column, click the yellow pencil.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page Find “Upload Physical Form” and click the “Browse.” If you are uploading an insurance card find “Additional Form” and click “Browse.”
4. Find the appropriate document on your computer, click “Open”.
5. Click “Save” button.
Once you complete a clearance for one sport, most of the information you have entered will be retained in the system. To register for an additional sport, select New Clearance and enter the year, school and sport.
|February 4, 2019